Simple Joys

A Lifestyle Blog

1.11.2016

Weekend Recap


This weekend was full of family, fun and not so healthy meals! Friday was my oldest sisters birthday so we went to her house to celebrate. Of course there was cake and I don't turn down cake! 

How cute is this cake? It was strawberry and absolutely delicious! 

Saturday we got up and went to Austin to visit my BIL & SIL. The kids love visiting their cousins. The guys (minus Tanner) all went to the deer lease for one last hunt and we stayed to go to my nephews basketball game. We had fun cheering him on! 


After the game we went to Trader Joe's because we don't have one here. I may have had way too much fun in that store! We over-filled a tiny basket. We shouldn't have gone in hungry. 


My SIL and I settled on Mandarin Orange Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, and Chicken Fried Rice for dinner. We cooked it when we got home and it was all so delicous! She even picked up some pistachio cookies that were heaven! Needless to say my macros were busted!



Sunday we hung out around the house before heading out to lunch. We went to Hula Hut on Lake Austin. It was good, but I remember it being much better the last time I was there,10 years ago. Ha! After lunch we parted ways and headed home, but not before another stop at Trader Joe's to stock up! 

I'm looking forward to getting back on track this week and spending time prepping for my trip to Palm Springs, CA next week. I'm going to stay on track no matter what! And I pray TSA doesn't take all my food! Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and enjoy reading them! Please be courteous of this blog and others when leaving a comment. Thanks!