Simple Joys

A Lifestyle Blog

1.04.2016

New Year, Same Goals, New Mindset



HAPPY 2016!

This year came to us way too fast! I'm trying to get my footing as the year is here and in full force. I think once the kids go back to school tomorrow and we get into our routines again, things won't feel quite so overwhelming. I've spent most of the day cleaning house, doing laundry and prepping for tomorrow. One of my goals this year is to blog more. So I'm starting off with 1-2 posts a week and will go from there. 

Speaking of goals; weight loss and getting in shape is still on my list. This goal hasn't exactly changed in the last 4 years or so. Its become a little inside joke with myself to see how many years its going to take before I actually convince myself to fully commit to this full body transformation thing. And that mean little voice in my head continues taunting me. 

"What will be different this time?" 

And I'll be honest, that little voice has me asking myself that really big question and trying to figure out what I need to change to make an overall change. And you know what that is?

MINDSET 

I have been going about this the wrong way. I never fully committed to this journey. My mindset has been all wrong! Especially when it comes to food. I always thought that less food meant more weight loss. That's not exactly correct. Although a calorie deficit does equal weight loss, I didn't have to starve myself. This year my weight loss plan is full of enjoying many wonderful foods. And I'm way excited about that! 

I have started IIFYM (if it fits your macros) or Flexible Dieting. IIFYM focuses mainly on carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in your daily diet. I just had Poppy Locks figure up my macros for me. As soon as I get them, I will share. She sends 3 sets of number for fat loss, maintenance and muscle gains or bulking.

There is so much information that goes along with IIFYM that I'm not going to get into it all here. I encourage you to do your own research before committing to this lifestyle. (www.iifym.com is a good resource) I have watched many ladies that I follow on Instagram use this method and have success. Its taken me about 8 months to decide to take the plunge. Weighing everything I eat wasn't exactly high up on my list, but I went with it. So far, it hasn't been that big of an issue. I am using this method for fat loss, I am not looking to bulk up a ton, but I don't mind building some muscle in place of the fat. 

My Plan/Goals: To get my macros as spot on as possible! This is not as easy as it seems and I could use some practice. A couple of tools needed are MyFitness Plan (I did pay to upgrade, so I can input my specific macros.) to track everything I eat and a scale that weighs in grams.  As far as exercise, I will be walking/jogging everyday for the first week or so and lifting 2 days a week working up to 6 days at the gym. 

It doesn't sound like a huge plan, but you have to start somewhere, right? Today is the closest I have gotten to my macros since I started counting them 2 weeks ago. You want to get within +/- 5 grams of each. So this isn't terrible. 



What are your 2016 goals? Do you have goals that have followed you through the years and you're finally sick and tired of the same results. You know that's called insanity right? I already know I'm insane! Ha! This year I will NOT have the same results though! 



[It is also worth mentioning that I am participating in SkinnyMeg's Diet Bet. Its not too late to join if you're interested! Click HERE!]





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and enjoy reading them! Please be courteous of this blog and others when leaving a comment. Thanks!