Simple Joys

A Lifestyle Blog

6.02.2012

My Must-Have Products for the Summer

It's that time of year again... summertime! I LOVE summer and all that comes along with it, including the heat!

If you live here in Texas, you know heat! It's like the sun is out full force from dusk til dawn. Your lucky if you find a shady spot. There are mornings you can wake up and cook your breakfast on the asphalt. Not that I recommend it, just that it's possible.

Our family spends a lot of time outside during the summer, but keeping them hydrated and safe from the sun and mosquito's are my top priority as mom. Okay... and wife. If your husband has a "receding" hair line as my husband does, then keeping that "bald spot" from sunburning is at the top of your list too. 

Today I am going to share with you my summer must-have list. If your not prepared for summer, maybe this will help you with that.

My Summer Must-Have List: 


Clinique's Super City Sunblock is amazing! I love it and you will too! 




There is a 100% chance that you will be bitten by a mosquito at some point during the summer. Smooth and Dry OFF has a nice smell and doesn't seem to make you have as much of that icky feeling once you spray it on. LOVE this product!



I don't know about your kids, but I bet they hate when you slather them down with sunscreen. I love this sunscreen stick for faces and ears. I use the sport sunscreen, because you are always sweating during the summer, and it just makes me feel better. :) 

I absolutely LOVE this product! Clinique's Superbalanced Mineral Bronzer is fabulous! It goes on so smooth and gives you a natural sun-kissed glow. Every woman should try this product! 


Spray on sunscreen has to be one of the best inventions ever! It makes going to the beach or pool so much easier and prep time getting out the door is a lot faster! 


Living in the Texas heat means we are hard on deodorant and are sure to put them through the test. I have been through tons of different brands and this one is by far my favorite. Yes its a bit expensive, but I buy mine in a 4 pack at Sam's Club. It's like buying one and getting one free! 


Who doesn't love Burt's Bees chap stick? I love all of their products, but in the summer SPF everything is necessary. So make the right choice and add this to your collection. 

If you spend as much time in the sun as I do, your skin starts drying out and you need a good moisturizing lotion or cream. I love CeraVe! I use it daily! Its also good for those flaky dry wintery legs. It is not heavy, has no smell, and is not one bit greasy! This is an absolute must have! 

I know what your thinking. Why the Preparation H? Well believe it or not, Preparation H cooling gel is great for sunburns. Go buy you a tube and stick it in your beach bag or pool tote and I promise you will thank me later. :) 

And as always, water is an absolute must have when spending time out in the sun and heat. It is important to keep yourself hydrated. I have always been told to drink an extra cup or two more than the recommended 8 glasses a day. So be smart and stay hydrated this summer! 

There you have it, my must-have products for the summer. None of these companies know who I am, so I was not paid in anyway for this post. I just love these products and wanted to share them with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and enjoy reading them! Please be courteous of this blog and others when leaving a comment. Thanks!