Simple Joys

A Lifestyle Blog

5.15.2012

Mother's Day

Addyson and I on Mother's Day. (Oscar isn't into taking pictures right now.)


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I certainly did.

We stayed home from church since Jason and Oscar were still feeling a bit crummy. Jason did get up and go to Shipley's for breakfast. He let me sleep in and I was so appreciative. It was a nice treat after being up taking care of sick children the entire week!

After breakfast I took a long bath, in peace and quiet! That in itself was the best Mother's Day gift! Later, we ran to Lowe's to compare some flooring and pick up a few odds and ends, came home and relaxed the rest of the evening. It was a peaceful and pleasant day.

My Mother's Day gift was a Dutch oven. I have been pinning recipes on Pinterest that use a Dutch oven and I really wanted one. Jason and the kids got me a beautiful blue enameled cast iron Dutch oven. They know me so well. If it has to do with the kitchen or its blue, they I will love it! :)

I can't wait to use this! I have wanted a dutch oven since forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and enjoy reading them! Please be courteous of this blog and others when leaving a comment. Thanks!